Training & Qualification Programmes at PWI
PWI offers short term basic & advance welding technology courses at welders, supervisors, inspectors, engineers & managers level. The Institute provides technical support for the continuous improvement in the quality of welding education.
ObjectivesTo become the leading welding and technical training institute. To achieve this objective, the courses are designed to suit the professional needs of an individual trainee and also an Industrial Organization. To achieve the goals, the courses are planned with:
Trainees are encourged to be in touch with the Institute even after the course completion, and stressed "To practice what has been taught" and consolidate the gains of training during the actual job performance.
Welding Training Simulator
PWI has acquired welding training simulator which provides a way for trainee to log hours of practice without consuming excessive amounts of materials. The system features a welding helmet retrofit to display a virtual-reality environment, with an ultra-realistic hand piece. The simulator bring the shop floor welding experience to the classroom. The trainee can see immediate results of their efforts from the detailed quantitative feedback.
The FacultyThe faculty of PWI comprises of highly experienced and foreign qualified engineers with years of manufacturing background. Each of the faculty members has a versatile and multifaceted knowledge and in-depth understanding of welding, joining & related technologies and is capable of imparting practical training as well as communicating theoretical welding education. The faculty is very well aware of the latest teaching and practical taining aspects covering today's needs of manufacturing industry.
A comprehensive range of courses is beign offered
- Orientation Course on International Standards (ASME Section IX, AWS Code D1.1, API 1104, ISO 3834)
- Gas Tungston Arc Welding Course
- GMAW for Welders
- SMAW for Welders
- SMAW Pipe Welders
- Welding Supervisor Level-1
- Welding Inspector Level-Basic
- Welding Inspector Level-Standard
- Welding Inspector Level-Comprehensive
- Diploma of Welding Engineer
- Welding Technology for Engineers
- Refresher Course for Fabricators
- Welding Inspection & Quality Control
- Weldability of Metals
- Welding Appreciation Course for Ececutives
- Welding Discontinuties and Defects
- Weding of Cast Iron for Engineers
- Welding Procedure & Welder Qualification